Export Awards 2020
As with just about everything else in 2020, the Export Awards will be different this year.
This year’s national program will celebrate Australia’s exporting community by re-imagining the program as a platform to recognise and promote stories of resilience in the face of this year’s unprecedented challenges.
The program provides the opportunity to share your story of business resilience through the key themes of diversification, spirit, and technology and innovation.
- The 2020 nomination program is a simplified short form process for businesses to submit their stories.
- All nominations go into a single pool from the outset; the 2 stage state-then-national awards framework is not being implemented this year.
- Self-nomination and nomination by others are both accepted.
- Data such as financials and export figures are not required; just your story in your words, or via video if you prefer.
- A Review Panel comprising representatives from each state, territory and Austrade, will review all submissions and focus on examples that hold resonance against the key themes.
- Selected stories will be featured on the Australia Export and Investment Awards website, and shared and promoted nationally by state and territory governments and other entities.
- Some stories will also be chosen for development into video case studies which will be promoted internationally.
- The nomination portal will be closed on Sunday 25 October 2020.
The Tasmanian Government supports Austrade’s efforts in re-framing the 2020 Export Awards and we strongly encourage Tasmanian exporters to submit stories for consideration. Think of it as an opportunity for you to put into practice what you have learnt through Brand Tasmania’s workshops in the past 12 months.
A business networking breakfast will also be hosted in December 2020 to celebrate the resilience and innovation of the Tasmanian export community during the pandemic. Further details will be released closer to December on the Trade Events Calendar.