Why choose a career with the Department of State Growth?
Are you looking for job diversity and want a rewarding career that gives you the chance to contribute to Tasmania’s ongoing economic and cultural growth?
Our department works to grow our economy and provide opportunities for all Tasmanians. We provide support and strategy advice in relation to key economic drivers including energy, industry sectors, resources, regulation and infrastructure. We support the delivery of a range of public services and have a strong focus on investment attraction and the development of innovative strategies that drive state growth.
The Department of State Growth has over 800 staff working in seven workplaces across Tasmania. Our people:
- oversee major projects
- help build road infrastructure
- model financial data
- support small businesses
- attracting investment to Tasmania
- cut red tape
- facilitate the development of industry capability and regional development for growth
- assist businesses to grow domestic and international trade, manage cultural attractions and events
- develop policy based on the latest evidence and community consultation,
- keep an eye on the mining industry
- support the state’s brilliant artists
- manage regulation, and
- undertake road safety education.
Behind the scenes, we also have people providing business services support that is vital to keeping a state-wide diverse organisation functioning.
A career with State Growth offers many rewards and challenges and an opportunity to work directly with the community and help shape the future of Tasmania. We have a great set of values and you'll work with talented people on a multitude of initiatives and programs that genuinely benefit the state.
The Department’s website provides more information on all our activities.
Information about living and working in Tasmania can be found at Make it Tasmania.