The Tasmanian Technopark develops, supports and markets technology industries in Tasmania. It assists the acceleration of growth for start-up and existing businesses. Companies located at the Technopark form strategic alliances with other technopark-based organisations. This enhances information dissemination and technology transfer.
To be eligible as an incubator tenant, clients must meet the following criteria:
- the business must be a new initiative or be at an early stage of development
- its focus must be on the commercialisation of an innovative product, process or service
- there must be clearly defined goals and a proposed pathway to achieving these goals
- managers of the business must have sufficient drive, enthusiasm and time to focus on the opportunity
- the applicant must be able to demonstrate that the new business has potential for significant employment, exports, import replacement, investment or technology diffusion
- the applicant must demonstrate a high level of innovation. New products, processes or services usually fit the criteria.