Workplace diversity and inclusion
At State Growth our vision is a safe, inclusive, equal, respectful and representative workplace. A diverse and inclusive workplace, plus a culture of belonging, are needed to achieve this vision and bring about the rewards of stronger engagement, productivity, and performance. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves at work.
In March 2022, we released our:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy 2022-25 (Screen Reader Version) which outlines our commitment to and strategic direction for achieving our vision
- our 2022 Action Plan (Screen Reader Version), which outlines the actions we will take over the next 12 months to bring the vision and strategy to life.
We are excited about building DE&I into the way we do business and, through the Strategy and Action Plan have a clear path ahead of us.
We will review our actions annually and measure cultural change impact every two to three years to guide and adjust our priorities as needed.
As part of our commitment, State Growth is:
- implementing the Our Watch Workplace Equality and Respect Standards, which place gender equality and respect at the heart of our workplace
- recognising the talent of, and increasing employment opportunities for people with disability through a 12 month JobAccess Partnership
- designing and implementing policies, services, facilities and practices that support Tasmanians with a disability, through our Disability Action Plan 2018-2021
- supporting our employees by participating in key events such as the TasPride Parade, International Women’s Day, International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, and NAIDOC week.
We also have a zero tolerance to any form of violence and in 2018 achieved White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation to the highest standard.
In doing this work we recognise the cultural practices and knowledge of Tasmanian Aboriginal people and the Tasmanian Aboriginal land on which we work, paying our respects to elders, past and present.