Global International Education
The release of Tasmania’s first Global Education Growth Strategy demonstrates the government’s commitment to promoting Tasmania as a destination of choice for both international and interstate students across all education sectors.
Tasmania has a proud history of attracting and supporting international students. The Global Education Growth Strategy (the Strategy) recognises that visiting students have a positive impact on Tasmania economically, socially and culturally. These benefits have flow on effects for many of the state’s key industries such as the tourism sector, in addition to creating business linkages and assisting with population growth.
The Strategy will invest in a range of initiatives to support growth in international and interstate student numbers, including:
- marketing Tasmania as a study destination
- strengthening partnerships between education and training providers and with industry
- providing visiting students with a supporting and welcoming community in which to gain world-recognised qualifications
- facilitating opportunities for further investment into education infrastructure by government and the private sector
- developing a global alumni network.
The Strategy reflects broad consultation across Tasmania’s education sectors and has been designed to drive forward the collective priorities of the state’s providers in a constructive and coordinated approach.