Accelerating Trade Grant Program
Initiative 4.1 under the Tasmanian Trade Strategy 2019-2025 (‘the Strategy’), the Accelerating Trade Grant Program helps Tasmanian businesses to collaborate, expand their presence and introduce Tasmanian products and services to the world.
- The program provides grants of up to a 50 per cent contribution towards activities to maximise opportunities for increased trade in markets outside of Tasmania. This includes activities such as promotional events or campaigns, market research and business matching services, and inbound buyer visits.
- Two tiers of grant assistance are available, based on the applicant's annual sales turnover.
- Tier one businesses: annual sales turnover of between $150 000 and $20 million - maximum grant of $10 000
- Tier two businesses: annual sales turnover of between $300 000 and $20 million - maximum grant of $20 000
- The program is open to Tasmanian businesses that meet the sales turnover requirements, have an Australian Business Number and are registered for GST. To be eligible, project expenditure cannot be retrospective and cannot include general operational business expenses.
- Preference will be given to businesses from key sectors, targeting priority markets, as outlined in the Strategy noting that for the purposes of this Program, the domestic market is taken to mean the Australian mainland.
- The Program has an annual financial year allocation and the Program will be closed if the allocation for any financial year is fully exhausted.
More information/How to apply
To apply for assistance under the Program, please ensure you have read and understood the Program Guidelines, then access the Application Form.
For more information on the Program, or for information on the application process, please contact Business Tasmania on ph. 1800 440 026, through the Business Tasmania website at www.business.tas.gov.au, or contact the Trade team via firstname.lastname@example.org.