Forestry is critical to Tasmania's future, and our role is instrumental in developing strategies and policies to ensure a sustainable forestry industry as a key economic driver.
We provide advice on forest policy and implement, provide regulatory services around forest practices and support and promote the private forest industry.
The Forestry facts sheet provides information on forestry in Tasmania, including land-use types and areas, forestry production statistics, the level of employment and economic activity in the industry, recent Tasmanian Government initiatives, and outlines out the Forest Management System.
- Contractor and employee programs
- Forest Stewardship Council Certification for Sustainable Timber Tasmania
- Management and utilisation of forest residues
- Past programs and information
- Permanent Native Forest Estate Policy
- Special Species Timber Management Plan
- Strategic Growth Plan
- Tasmanian Regional Forest Agreement (RFA)
- Tasmanian Wood Encouragement Policy
- The Tarkine
- Wood and Fibre Processing Innovation Program