What we do
The Office of the Coordinator-General is the principal entity for investment attraction and is the first point of contact within the Tasmanian Government for businesses looking to establish, relocate, diversify or expand in Tasmania. We specialise in:
- helping link potential investors to local opportunities
- assisting investors with site selection and local information
- introducing local businesses who are looking for new investors
- showing investors and global location consultants why Tasmania offers an unbeatable business location.
The Office of the Coordinator-General is responsible for attracting and securing investment in major development projects in Tasmania that maximise their contribution to Tasmania's economic growth.
Strategic project facilitation
The Coordinator-General will help streamline the Tasmanian business environment, promote competitiveness and assist with the assessment and approval of investment opportunities.
Red tape reduction
Through the Regulation Reduction Coordinator, the Office is also responsible for supporting small business in Tasmania through the deregulation of the business environment in order to boost productivity and reduce operating costs.
Office of the Coordinator-General services
Our specialist team will provide you with tailored, confidential assistance and case management. We will refer you on to the right person to help fully explore your next steps by providing information and support with:
- connections with local industry associations and government departments
- information on business opportunities, investment regulations and government assistance
- insights on business costs, skills availability, taxation and research opportunities
- expert advice on Tasmania's industry capabilities and strengths
- site visits to identify suitable locations in Tasmania for your business
- making appropriate introductions and business linkages information on industry strategies.