Partnerships key to delivering record infrastructure and housing program
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between the Tasmanian Government and building and construction industry stakeholders, paving the way for ongoing collaboration to overcome the challenges in delivering Tasmania’s infrastructure program, support business needs and ensure a strong and sustainable construction sector both now and into the future.
With Tasmania’s infrastructure pipeline driving growth in the sector, it is estimated that we will need another 6 500 skilled workers across the building and construction disciplines by 2025.
The MoU outlines seven key focus areas:
- a regular and reliable infrastructure pipeline;
- ensure a sustainable approach to risk management;
- improve procurement processes and practices;
- supply of equipment and materials;
- improve our planning and regulatory processes; and
- build resilient, high performing businesses.
Tasmania’s construction industry is a key contributor to the economy and is the fourth largest employer providing over 20 000 jobs.
For more information please see Building Tasmania’s Future.