The Department of State Growth provides policy advice on energy issues to the Tasmanian Government and provides input into the development of the framework for the regulation of industry participants in Tasmania’s energy supply industry.
The Government has developed a "whole of state" energy strategy to identify ways in which energy can be used as a key economic driver for Tasmania.
It also represents Tasmania's views and interests on energy matters to national policy and regulatory bodies and administers assigned energy programs.
There is a focus on ensuring that all Tasmanians continue to enjoy safe, reliable, secure and competitively priced energy - supplied efficiently and sustainably, and used wisely.
- Electricity Supply Industry Act Review
- Energy markets, regulation and legislation
- Energy security
- Government Business (Energy) Branch
- Project Marinus and Battery of the Nation
- Solar Feed-in Tariff Review
- Tasmanian Energy Security Taskforce
- Tasmanian Energy Strategy
- Tasmanian Renewable Energy Action Plan