USA – 2020
The Minister for Trade has formally deferred the North American Trade and Investment Mission due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Smart Traveller advice that all Australians should reconsider the need for overseas travel at this time regardless of destination, age or health. The global situation re COVID-19 is constantly evolving and at this stage we are unable to confirm new dates. The situation will be monitored and an update will be provided in due course.
For any enquiries please contact the Trade team via email@example.com
The Tasmanian Government, through the Department of State Growth, will undertake a Trade and Investment Mission to the USA in the first half of 2020. The USA has been identified through the Trade Strategy 2019-2025 as a key market and opportunity for Tasmania. It is our state’s 6th largest merchandise export market, worth $218 million in 2018-19 and with room to grow further.
Expression of Interest
The Expression of Interest (EOI) period has now closed. If you missed the deadline and would like to be considered for selection to join the delegation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and someone from the Trade team will make contact with you.
What is the program?
The Tasmanian Government will work closely with Austrade, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and industry to develop the program of activities (including locations) and focus sectors. Priority will be given to those businesses most likely to achieve commercial outcomes or strengthen the Tasmanian brand in market.
When is the mission?
The mission is currently envisaged to take place for one to two weeks from late March. Note that this is subject to change.
- Pre and post mission support and advice.
- Itinerary program developed by the Department of State Growth trade team.
- Trade support and introductions.
- Access to facilities and meeting rooms as required.
- Participation in the program, including briefings, dinners, networking and B2B activities.
- Businesses may qualify for support under the Department’s Accelerating Trade Grant Program, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
What isn’t included?
- Flight, travel insurance, and accommodation costs.
- Transport whilst in the United States.
- Food and beverage costs whilst in the United States (outside of official receptions).
- Cost of sending samples to the United States.