New Market Expansion Program
The New Market Expansion Program (NMEP) is now open for 2017-18 to support Tasmanian businesses and industry associations expand their export presence and introduce Tasmanian products and services to the world.
Importantly, this program also builds the proud Brand Tasmania across the region and further afield.
Under the program, eligible applicants receive a financial rebate to offset the costs of marketing activities in international markets.
Applications are sought from Tasmanian-based small-and-medium-sized enterprises with a sales turnover of between $300 000 and $20 million for approved marketing activities which could include:
- market research and business matching services
- promotional activities and materials including advertising
- attending trade exhibitions and promotions
- assisting with inbound buyers' visits to Tasmania
- travelling to undertake marketing activities.
The New Market Expansion Program is open until 30 April 2018, or until funding is fully expended.
Please note the following regarding the 2017-18 round
- All applications are developed and submitted through the online application system SmartyGrants.
- Submissions must be lodged before the activity takes place.
- Activities related to developing domestic markets are not eligible for assistance under this Program. For enquiries related to domestic activities please contact Business Tasmania for further advice.
Please note that the 2017-18 New Market Expansion Program guidelines have been updated to support Tasmanian companies best realise the opportunities that exist in major international export markets.
How do I apply?
All applications are developed and submitted through the online application system SmartyGrants. Applicants will need to register or log in to SmartyGrants before starting their application.
Applications can be developed and submitted as soon as the grant round opens. Applicants are able to save and revisit an application as many times as they wish until either the grant round has closed or the application has been submitted. Once an application is submitted it cannot be reopened.
For all enquiries please call 1800 030 688 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org,gov.au