What we do
Business Tasmania supports Tasmanians to start, run and grow a business by offering personalised, consultative, first contact resolution assistance. We provide targeted information, and access to a range of services and programs to help businesses succeed. Business Tasmania is the first point of contact for Department of State Growth programs and services. The team make it easier for the community to talk to government and access available support across all Departments.
In the event of a crisis or emergency, Business Tasmania is the first point of contact for businesses to register their impact and seek assistance. Business Tasmania has played a pivotal role supporting businesses impacted by COVID-19. Watch a short video overview of how we can support you.
The Business Tasmania service includes (but is not limited to):
- Business Tasmania can assist with any business-related question
- Business Tasmania has a range of programs and information that can assist people starting or operating business in Tasmania
- Referrals to Enterprise Centres business advisors for free business advice and support
- License and permit information and assistance with the Australian Business Licence Service (ABLIS)
- Provides information about loans and grants offered by government
- Information on state government supported workshops, seminars and networking events https://eventcalendar.business.tas.gov.au/
- Provision of online "how-to" booklets, guides and checklists
- Information about the current COVID-19 restrictions
- Event Framework and smaller event enquiries
- Reopening plan or staff vaccination policy enquiries
Business Tasmania can be contacted on 1800 440 026 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay up to date with news and information about new programs businesses are encouraged to sign up to their newsletter here: https://www.business.tas.gov.au/updates-and-news
Business Tasmania’s normal opening hours are 9.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday.