After a disaster, you will want your business to recover as quickly as possible. Use Part 4 of the Business Continuity Plan to help you track your recovery. Part 4 will help you to evaluate the damage to your property, operations and finance, identify support services and ensure you maintain clear communication with your employees, suppliers and customers.
During recovery, it is important for you to:
- Communicate with your staff, suppliers and customers to let them know how your recovery is going, how this might affect them and when you might resume operations.
- Get your insurance claim started as soon as possible to help swift processing of your payment.
- Contact your bank, lawyer, accountant or business mentor to get help with recovery.
Check the Disaster Assist website to see what government assistance may be available to your business and how you can apply.
Tools and checklists
- Business Continuity Plan template
- Know your disaster risk
- Get ready
- Take action
- Reassess, recover & learn