Use Part 2 of the Business Continuity Plan template and relevant disaster-specific checklists to prepare your business for the impacts of natural disaster. Part 2 of the Business Continuity Plan outlines how your business and staff will prepare, continue to operate and recover from a crisis.
Key considerations in planning for disasters include:
- During a disaster, and immediately after, you may need to operate your business from an alternative location. The Business Continuity Plan will help you prepare for this.
- Making sure staff are well trained and critical staff dependencies are reduced by having more than one staff member trained for critical roles or tasks.
- Checking staff understand your Business Continuity Plan and their roles in a disaster. The Business Continuity Plan will help you to plan and schedule regular emergency and evacuation drills.
Use the preparation checklists below to assess whether you are prepared for different types of disasters such as bushfire or flood. A specific checklist is provided for tourism operators.
To help you communicate about disasters, TasALERT has emergency information translated into other languages (see the 'External Links' section).
Tools and checklists
- Business Continuity Plan template
- Know your disaster risk
- Get ready
- Take action
- Reassess, recover & learn