Mental health and wellbeing support services
The Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service website is regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time. If you are worried or struggling to cope during the coronavirus pandemic, trained counsellors through the Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service helpline are available to support you 24/7 by calling 1800 512 348.
COVID Connect is a free service from Australian Red Cross to provide support and community connection to people who are feeling socially isolated as a result of COVID-19. So, if you are not in regular contact with others, and could do with a friendly chat our one of our volunteers would be happy to call you – once or regularly – for a friendly chat to help maintain or improve social connection. Visit the Australian Red Cross website to find out more and register for a COVID Connect call.
Older people, carers, people living with dementia and their families can access advice and support from specially trained staff on 1800 171 866.
- Call in: Tasmanians will receive psychosocial support from a trained support worker to discuss concerns and be redirected where appropriate to a referral service.
- Call out: Contact socially isolated older Tasmanians identified through existing services, family and friends who are concerned or by other health professionals.
- Reach out: Through partnership with those industries significantly impacted, such as tourism, hospitality, retail identify at-risk members and reach out for psychosocial support, counselling or employee assistance programs.
- Department of Health Social Work Services:
- South: (03) 6166 8354
- North: (03) 6777 1427
- North West: (03) 6478 6119
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636 (24 hours, 7days)
- MensLine Australia: 1300 789 978 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Headspace: 1800 650 890
- Rural Alive and Well (RAW): 1300 4357 6283 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Life in Mind
- SANE forums
- The White Jacket Effect
- Employee assistance programs
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service and Family Drug Support: 1800 811 994
- Alcohol and Drug Services (Department of Health): 1300 139 641
- Quit Tasmania: 13 78 48
- Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Council Tasmania