Forestry is critical to Tasmania's future, and our role is instrumental in developing strategies and policies to ensure a sustainable forestry industry as a key economic driver.
We provide advice on forest policy and implementation, provide regulatory services around forest practices, and support and promote the private forest industry.
The Forestry fact sheet provides information on forestry in Tasmania, including land-use types and areas, forestry production statistics, the level of employment and economic activity in the industry, recent Tasmanian Government initiatives, and outlines out the Forest Management System.
- Contractor and employee programs
- Forestry Contractor Resilience Program
- Forest Stewardship Council Certification for Sustainable Timber Tasmania
- Future Potential Production Forest Land
- Management and utilisation of forest residues
- On-Island Processing Program
- Past programs and information
- Permanent Native Forest Estate Policy
- Special species timbers
- Strategic Growth Plan
- Tasmanian Regional Forest Agreement (RFA)
- Tasmania’s Forest Management System – An Overview
- Tasmanian Wood Encouragement Policy
- The Tarkine
- Wood and Fibre Processing Innovation Program