USA – 2020
Tasmanian businesses are invited to express interest in being considered for selection to join a business delegation to the United States of America (USA) during the first half of 2020.
The USA has been identified through the Trade Strategy 2019-2025 as a key market and opportunity for Tasmania. Ranked Tasmania’s 6th largest merchandise export market, worth $218 million in 2018-19 and with room to grow further, it is a significant market for Tasmania’s goods and services exports.
Tasmanian business currently supplying products or services to the USA, or those with mature plans to supply in the future, are encouraged to apply and will be prioritised.
The Tasmanian Government will work closely with Austrade, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and industry to develop the program of activities and focus sectors.
Who should attend?
It is important to consider whether participating in an international delegation is right for your business, and how you would plan to maximise your return on investment of time and resources while overseas.
As participation in a delegation will incur costs, we encourage all first time small businesses to contact the Trade Team through firstname.lastname@example.org to seek tailored advice on whether your company is export ready. You should also have a reasonable understanding of your target clients, market sector and objectives for your participation in this event before submitting your Expression of Interest (EOI).
When is the mission?
Dates and specific areas of opportunity for the mission will be determined through this EOI process. Priority will be given to those businesses most likely to achieve commercial outcomes or strengthen the Tasmanian brand in market. The mission will take place for approximately one week between February and June 2020.
- Pre and post mission support and advice.
- Itinerary program developed by the Department of State Growth trade team.
- Trade support and introductions.
- Access to facilities and meeting rooms as required.
- Participation in the program, including briefings, dinners, networking and B2B activities.
- Businesses may qualify for support under the Department’s Accelerating Trade Grant Program, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
What isn’t included?
- Flight, travel insurance, and accommodation costs.
- Transport whilst in the United States.
- Food and beverage costs whilst in the United States (outside of official receptions).
- Cost of sending samples to the United States.
Expression of Interest
Interested businesses are to submit their Expression of Interest to email@example.com by close of business on Friday, 13 December 2019.
Download the EOI form here.