Trade Missions are government-led programs designed to take Tasmanian businesses and organisations to international markets. They provide a forum for your business or organisation to:
- be connected with international buyers, distributors, trading partners and business leaders
- enhance your international profile and showcase your business capabilities
- secure international orders for your product and/or service
- develop knowledge of international markets in areas including pricing, promotion and distribution strategy, and cultural nuances
- understand regulatory requirements in international markets.
Trade Missions are tailored to the needs of businesses that join. We work closely with Austrade and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to arrange briefings and functions, site visits, product promotions and business matching that are relevant to your business.
Subject to eligibility, grant funding may be available to support your participation in a Trade Mission. Refer to Grants and Funding to learn more.
In addition, we regularly host inbound delegations from key markets who are seeking trade opportunities in Tasmania. These reverse trade missions help to raise awareness of the range and quality of products that Tasmanian businesses produce and facilitate opportunities to build strategic alliances with important international markets.