New Market Expansion Program
Funding is available to support eligible Tasmanian-based businesses and industry associations to expand their export presence and introduce Tasmanian products and services to the world. Under the New Market Expansion Program (NMEP) eligible small and medium sized enterprises with a sales turnover of between $300 000 and $20 million may receive a financial rebate to offset the costs of undertaking approved marketing activities designed to develop new international markets.
Approved marketing activities under NMEP could include:
- market research and business matching services
- promotional activities and materials including advertising
- attending trade exhibitions and promotions
- assisting with inbound buyers' visits to Tasmania
- travel and on-ground costs associated with undertaking marketing activities in another country.
The 2018-19 round of the NMEP opened in August 2018 and closes on 30 April 2019.
This year’s Guidelines have been updated to support Tasmanian companies best realise the opportunities that exist in major international export markets. We encourage you to read the Guidelines in full and contact us with any queries concerning eligibility criteria.
- Submissions must be lodged before the activity takes place. We suggest you submit your application at least a month before your planned activity.
- Activities related to developing domestic markets are not eligible for assistance under this Program. For enquiries related to domestic activities please contact Business Tasmania for further advice.
How to apply
- All applications are developed and submitted through the online application system SmartyGrants. Applicants will need to register or log in to SmartyGrants before starting their application.
- Applications can be developed and submitted at any time up until the round closes on 30 April 2019 or until the funding allocation is exhausted.
- Applicants can save and revisit an application as many times as they wish prior to submission. Once an application is submitted it cannot be reopened.
To apply, click here.
For all further enquiries please call 1800 030 688 during business hours or email email@example.com