The Trade team manages the implementation of the Tasmanian Government’s Tasmanian Trade Strategy. We support Tasmanian businesses and industries to establish, grow and expand their markets, through:
- seminars, workshops, webinars and networking activities, often listed on the Trade Events Calendar at www.tradeevents.tas.gov.au
- opportunities to build stronger links with your customers through the Buy Something Tasmanian portal at www.buysomethingtasmanian.com.au, Amazon Australia and Trade with Tasmania website www.trade.tasmanian.com.au
- a program of domestic and international virtual and face to face trade shows and missions to help you build your off-island and overseas trade
- domestic and international trade marketing campaign
- resources to help you attract customers in your target locations, available through the Brand Tasmania website at www.tasmanian.com.au
- a number of inward buyer and influencer visits each year
- Deliver the Tasmanian Export Awards held annually to celebrate the achievements of Tasmanian exporters of all sizes and across all sectors
- financial support to explore trade opportunities in key markets, improve supply chains and develop clusters through the Accelerating Trade Grant Program
- market access, freight and logistics and trade advice.
Our team is based in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie. Internationally, we currently have an in-market presence in China, Japan and the United States.
The Tasmanian Trade Strategy Annual Action Plan is now available here.
The latest trade statistics are available here.
How we can help
Tasmania’s current export framework and areas of focus.
Trade and Export Toolkit
Resources to support Tasmanian business and industry to grow their markets.
Trade Missions and Trade Shows
Expand your business internationally through government-led trade missions and trade shows to key markets
Trade Events Calendar
Your resource for key trade and export-related activities in Tasmania, interstate and internationally.
Learn how we support business to grow, both nationally and internationallyMore about About us
Read more about the Tasmanian Trade Strategy 2019 - 2025More about Trade Strategy
Facilitating trade relationships through strengthening international tiesMore about International Relations
Tasmanian Export Awards
Celebrate your export success by entering the Export AwardsMore about Tasmanian Export Awards