Export Awards 2019
Essential Oils of Tasmania (EOT) was honoured with the 2019 Tasmanian Exporter of the Year Award. A first-time applicant in these Awards, it first won the Agribusiness, Food and Beverages category and then took out the overall honours from an exceptionally strong field of candidates.
Essential Oils of Tasmania produces and markets a diverse, high-quality range of pure essential oils and fine plant extracts that capture the essence of Tasmania. A network of experienced contract growers based in rural Tasmanian locations manage a range of farmed crops including Boronia, Peppermint, Lavender and unique Tasmanian natives such as Kunzea and Tasmanian Native Pepper. EOT’s oils and extracts are manufactured in Tasmania and exported all over the world, primarily to the USA, Europe and Asia.
The Tasmanian Export Awards are the state’s highest recognition of excellence for companies exporting goods and services. An increased number of entries were received this year, with 49 entries received across 12 categories.
Congratulations to our 2019 winners:
- Agribusiness, Food and Beverages Award – Essential Oils of Tasmania
- Creative Industries Award – Be Smitten
- E-Commerce Award – Scoot Boot
- Emerging Exporter Award – Tasman Sea Salt
- International Education and Training Award - UTAS Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre
- Manufacturing and Advanced Materials Award – Ignite Digi
- Regional Exporter Award – Hellyers Road Distillery
- Small Business Award – Candy Abalone
- Sustainability Award – Beauty and the Bees
- Technology and Innovation Award – Lightning Protection International
The Tasmanian awards included two additional categories this year. Karin Luttmer, owner of Hill Farm Preserves was awarded the 2019 Women in Export Award. Tom Waugh, co-founder of Ignite Digi received the inaugural Young Exporter Award.
Being nominated as a Finalist is an achievement in itself. We congratulate all Finalists (refer below) and wish them ongoing export success in the years to come.
Australian Honey Products / Beauty and the Bees / Be Smitten / Candy Abalone / Essential Oils of Tasmania / Hai Loong Seafood Export / Hellyers Road Distillery / Hill Farm Preserves / Ignite Digi / Josef Chromy Wines / Lightning Protection International / Scoot Boot / Tasmanian Agricultural Producers / Tasmanian College of English / Tasman Sea Salt / Tassal Operations / UTAS Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre
An enormous thank you to our 2019 Awards sponsors:
No results were found