Build organisational capacity by developing our people, safety, systems and culture
Our people are key to our success and to effectively delivering on all of our corporate objectives.
It is critical that we support and develop our people, not only to ensure we can deliver, but to recognise our people for their efforts, to assist our people in progressing their careers and to make the department a place where people want to work.
Over the past twelve months, we have worked hard to build the Department of State Growth, while maintaining service delivery. In the coming years, we will focus on developing a positive, productive and respectful culture across the department. This includes developing shared values and acting with integrity and professionalism; respecting, collaborating and communicating with each other; and supporting and developing our people.
We will also implement systems and processes to ensure the department is strategic, effective and efficient.
- Ensure that the health and safety of our people is paramount in all that we do.
- Develop a shared culture and values to build on our strengths as a department and improve the way we work together.
- Invest in, support and develop our people to increase capability to meet current and future business needs, through our performance management system.
- Develop our leadership capability at all levels and strive to provide opportunities for our staff.
- Promote and foster collaboration within the department and across government, at all levels.
- Continually seek to improve and enhance internal communication through greater levels of interaction across the department.
- Develop systems and process to embed a client centric approach, including providing integrated service delivery, advice and support and developing an agency-wide client management system.
- Support the department’s people and work, through effective systems, policies and processes.
- Strengthen our financial management capability to deliver financial results in a climate of continuous improvement.
- Undertake business improvement projects that deliver capability through systems, better management of information and innovative ways of working.
- Strengthen our governance and accountability frameworks, promote leadership in good decision making and a culture of risk management.