Deed of Grant
A number of Skills Tasmania programs utilise a Deed of Grant in the administration of projects. In these programs, all successful applicants will enter into a grant deed with the Department of State Growth, on behalf of the Crown in Right of Tasmania. These programs include:
- Training and Work Pathways Program
- Work Readiness for Growth Industries Program
- Workforce Development Grants Program
The deed sets out the obligations of parties, and it is important to ensure that you fully understand these obligations before signing. In particular, the deed binds the recipient to:
- use the grant for the purpose in which it was provided, and for the specific items listed in the deed;
- meet any specified conditions required by the Department of State Growth;
- seek written permission from the Department of State Growth prior to any changes to the project, budget or timeframes;
- provide satisfactory project reports on time;
- return any unexpended funds; and
- acknowledge the Department of State Growth as a source of funding for the project.
Each program utilises a common Deed of Grant template used by the Department of State Growth.