- About us
- Our Ministers
What we do
- Attract and facilitate investment
- Build a strong forest industry
- Deliver transport services
- Develop cultural and creative industries
- Enhance innovation and grow the Information and Communication Technology sector
- Skills Tasmania
- Grow our sectors and maximise competitive advantages
- Grow regional economic prosperity
- Invest in infrastructure to drive economic growth
- Planning reform
- Promote trade and industry
- Regulate the racing industry
- Support the growth of mining
- Support and grow small business
- Harness energy as an economic driver
- Grants and funding
Support and grow small business
Tasmania has nearly 40 000 businesses across a range of sectors, across the state, and over 95 per cent of these are small businesses.
We will provide advice and information to help them grow, primarily through the Business Tasmania online portal.
Business Tasmania provides practical tools for businesses, including checklists, business diagnostic tools and valuable information for all stages of the business lifecycle.
Business advisory services are also delivered through Enterprise Centres Tasmania.
The Skills Response Unit is also able to identify risks and provide rapid assistance and remediation where the case requires it.