- About us
- Our Ministers
What we do
- Attract and facilitate investment
- Build a strong forest industry
- Deliver transport services
- Develop cultural and creative industries
- Enhance innovation and grow the Information and Communication Technology sector
- Skills Tasmania
- Grow our sectors and maximise competitive advantages
- Grow regional economic prosperity
- Invest in infrastructure to drive economic growth
- Planning reform
- Promote trade and industry
- Regulate the racing industry
- Support the growth of mining
- Support and grow small business
- Harness energy as an economic driver
- Grants and funding
Tasmania’s exceptional natural heritage, its diverse range of arts and cultural experiences, its lifestyle and its public open spaces are all attributes of a remarkably liveable place. Promoting these attributes can encourage economic growth and development, particularly in regional areas.
Cultural and creative industry segments relevant to Tasmania would include advertising, architecture, visual art, crafts, design (including fashion), film, video and photography, music and performing arts, festivals, museums and galleries, writing and publishing, software and electronic publishing, digital and entertainment media, TV and radio.
This evolving industry segment is increasingly recognised for the role it plays in developing and attracting skilled labour, investment capital, knowledge capital and entrepreneurial activity.
The Department of State Growth provides support to this sector through the grants programs of Arts Tasmania, Screen Tasmania and Events Tasmania and well as through its broader industry support mechanisms.