- About us
- Our Ministers
What we do
- Attract and facilitate investment
- Build a strong forest industry
- Deliver transport services
- Develop cultural and creative industries
- Enhance innovation and grow the Information and Communication Technology sector
- Skills Tasmania
- Grow our sectors and maximise competitive advantages
- Grow regional economic prosperity
- Invest in infrastructure to drive economic growth
- Planning reform
- Promote trade and industry
- Regulate the racing industry
- Support the growth of mining
- Support and grow small business
- Harness energy as an economic driver
- Grants and funding
Invest in infrastructure to drive economic growth
Infrastructure, and the way it is planned, provided, used and maintained, is one of the key levers that government has to increase productivity and economic growth and meet its policy objectives Infrastructure Tasmania will be established as an office within the Department of State Growth to provide a coordinated approach to the planning and delivery of all major infrastructure in Tasmania, including rail, major roads, energy, ports, and water and sewerage.
Infrastructure Tasmania's core functions will be to assess and prioritise all major publicly-funded infrastructure.
It will coordinate funding submissions under state and commonwealth budget processes and the management of Tasmania’s dealings with Infrastructure Australia.
It will prioritise advice on the implementation of Government infrastructure policy and the completion of tasks and investigations at the request of the Government where relevant.