Tasmanian Government logo
Department of
State Growth

About us

What if I'm not happy with a decision?

If you are unhappy about a decision you may have the right to seek a review.

Usually the first step is an internal review. An internal review of the decision must be requested within 20 days of receiving the notice of the decision by writing to:

Principal Officer
Right to Information
Department of State Growth
GPO Box 536
Hobart TAS 7001

Email: rti@stategrowth.tas.gov.au

In some cases, you may also be able to seek an external review by the Ombudsman:

  1. If we do not get back to you in the timeframe allowed then we may be taken to have refused your application and you are able to make an application for external review to the Ombudsman without applying for an internal review first.
  2. If you have applied for internal review and are unhappy with the internal review decision, then you may apply to the Ombudsman for an external review.

Information on reviews by the Ombudsman can be found on the Office of the Ombudsman's website.