- About us
- Our Ministers
- What we do
- Grants and funding
A thriving export sector is critical to ensuring future economic growth in Tasmania. The challenge is not only to maintain our impressive level of exports - it is also to develop the export base, increase the number of exporters and produce more knowledge intensive exports.
Activities in the world market have a strong bearing on our trade performance.
These world market influences include:
- weaknesses in traditional markets
- the strengthening of the Australian dollar
- the growth of the knowledge economy
- the increasing demand for high-value services
- continuous changes driven by technological advances
- shifting consumer preferences
- increasing affluence in previously commodity buying countries
- liberalisation of markets
- the increasing importance of reductions in the supply chain.
Tasmanian exporters must be responsive to the change necessitated by these activities. We can provide resource assistance that will assist you in developing you and your business to become an exporter.
For further information:
- New Market Expansion Program
- Export statistics
- Freight Expert Advisory Panel
- Tasmania Delivers Promotional Series
- Tasmanian Export Awards
Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)AusIndustryAustralian Customs ServiceAustralian Customs Service - Information for Exporters
Australian Institute of Export
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
e-business for Australian exporters
Free Trade Agreements
India Trade Promotion Organisation
International Enterprise Singapore
Japanese External Trade Organisation (JETRO)Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA)
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
Strategis - Industry CanadaUtsav AustraliaWomen in Global Business